Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Fun Reunion (June 28, 2008)

When my sweet friend (and former Union Roomie) Melissa (Mann) Bean heard of my camera woes, she emailed me almost immediately and told me she would like to offer me her "back-up" camera that she didn't use very often. Melissa owns her own photography business in Louisville, and it just so happened that her back-up camera was the camera of my dreams!! :) She donated it to our adoption fund, and so she got a nice little tax deduction.....and I got an INCREDIBLE camera!! (I have to say I got the way sweeter end of the deal!!) But even better that just getting a camera, I got to spend three awesome hours laughing my head off with my sweet Melissa!!
This is her sweet husband, TJ, who is using Melissa's camera.....but it looks just like mine!! :)
I took over 300 pictures in the first 24 hours.......and had a ball doing it!! It felt SO GOOD to take pictures again!! Such an incredible gift....such an incredible friend!! Thanks, Melissa!!!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Yay for a new camera! I can't wait to see it, and the sure-to-be-amazing photographs you take with it!

Anonymous said...

It truly was a blast seeing Melissa again and meeting her husband. I had forgotten how funny she could be! And what a wonderful gift she has blessed you with. A camera is a MUST for you, Julie, especially at this time in your life when a baby will soon be here.
Love, Mom

JEff said...

This is going to sound random, but I've been keeping up with your family through Daniel and Christy's blog (My husband JEff used to serve on staff with Christy's dad in Joelton.) I was interested in your adoption story, as we've adopted and are trying to again. If you don't mind, I noticed you mentioned a tax-deductible way a friend donated a camera to you. Would you mind sharing with me how you set this up? You may email me at jeffandab@yahoo.com. I appreciate any help you can offer, and I'm excited for your family's addition coming in August!