Saturday, August 23, 2008

Home Make-Over!!-----------August 20-22, 2008

When we came to Joann's back in July...they had begun ripping the blue-gray wallpaper down out of their dining room and kitchen. They were hoping to paint the room with a faux finish, but were having trouble deciding what to do. Then, after the advice of thier interior-decorator neighbor who strongly encouraged them to work on the cabinets first, they decided not to paint just yet.
Well, knowing how much Joann would love to have her kitchen be even temporarily fixed, Jonny and I offered to help paint their kitchen while we were here! Joann and I had already found a color we liked back in July...so we just went with it! We even got a lighter color for the downstairs bathroom!

We finished it all in about a day and a half! It was so fun to transform that room so quickly!!



Does Joann look excited, or what!!??


Just beautiful!! And interestingly, what you notice the most, I think, is the slate FLOOR!! The paint really makes the floor just pop out and grab you!! Love it!!




We left Joann a very satisfied customer!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see why Joann looks so happy -- the kitchen looks absolutely beautiful!! You all sure earned your keep by doing all that painting. You are right -- the color of the walls brings out the beauty of the slate floors. Looks great!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful, Joann!! Not a bad trade off for house rent!!

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

Okay, I need you and Jonathan to come and help me finish my kitchen! I started it back before Claire was born and I'm still not finished!