Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Tomorrow morning (Monday) at 5 a.m. we plan to leave Northbrook and drive out of Chicagoland! We will hopefully arrive at my Mom and Dad's house in Kentucky by lunch time. Jonny and I will stay in Kentucky overnight--visiting mom, dad, my sister Jennifer, her husband Al, and their two children--Luke (2 yrs) and John David (1 month), my grandmother, and her husband Billy.

It is very strange that we will be leaving Chicago only to return in 3 weeks for Jonathan's comps. However, when we return, we will be Mississippi residents. There are so many mixed feelings resulting from this move! We were so excited, but then our hearts became very heavy as we have spent the last month saying goodbye to so many people that we dearly love.

Today we said goodbyes to our sweet Calvary family. We got cards and flowers from the sweet children at church, a generous check from the congregation, and an embroidered blanket that says "Sweet Calvary" on it ! We had a very wet picnic after church--but it didn't even hinder any fun! We had a great day together.

We surely will miss our church family--they have been an instrument that God has greatly used in our lives over and over and over! I love what Rick (our pastor) said this morning---He said that we have worked hard for the kingdom together, side by side, and that is what true fellowship really is.....not just picnics!

Well....we are scrambling to pack all of our things. (Darn the History Channel!!--While here at the Panozzos we have discovered and have fallen in love with the history channel. I am now an expert on all kinds of things: tanks, Roman architecture, the Revolutionary War, Benjamin Franklin, DaVinci.........) We are both moving slowly tonight due to George Washington crossing the Potomac!

Pray for our journey! May God use our trip for His glory!

Love,
Julie (for both of us!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and I hope your happy in MS.

Anonymous said...

Hope your move goes well and you have a good visit with your family! I completely understand your mixed emotions! It is so hard to leave somewhere you have been for so long - but it is exciting to start a new adventure!

Love,
Your FAVORITE sister-in-law! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie & Jonathan. Thanks for sending the link to your blog. It's great being able to hear what's going on with you all. We'll be praying for a safe trip. Welcome back to the SOUTH, ya'll.
Love,
Uncle Tom & Aunt Lois

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure who she thinks she is, but the true FAVORITE sister-in-law is just now writing in. Sorry I'm just now writing, but I just found out you even had a blog! We are so happy for you and are excited that you are moving to the great, hot, dry south! Come see us soon! Love ya, Johnna (the true FAVORITE sister-in-law!) :) hee hee!!

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to be a sister and a sister-in-law all at the same time - I'm not so sure...hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's possible to be a sister and a sister-in-law at the same time -- I know from experience. And that makes you an extra special person, I'm sure!
Aunt Lois

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you! We hope you have a safe trip and a smooth adjustment to your new abode in Miss. Keep up the blogging -- we enjoy hearing about your wonderful adventures.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great trip and stay safe.

Love, angelica :-)

Al and Jen said...

Hey you guys!
It was so good to see you and spend some time with you "en route" on Monday. We are praying for you as your busy summer unfolds. Jonathan, we are especially praying for your studies!

We look forward to visiting you soon!

Love,
Al, Jen, Luke & John David

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome back to the South. I found this link on Hannah's blog. I pray that God continues to bless you in this new adventure.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
I hate not seeing you guys at church on Sunday. Who am i going to pick on in the office


Thank you
cindy

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

What cool comments! This will be fun to read you all talk back and forth with each other! I just love all of y'all! Oh---and Christy......are YOU my favorite sister-in-law?? :)

Love, Julie

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

I don't know am I?