Thursday, July 27, 2006

Two Down....One to Go!

Well, hello from the Windy City! Jonathan had his second comprehensive exam today at 1 p.m. Again, when asked how it went, he said, "I have no idea!" Jonathan knew that any test Dr. Carson created would be challenging...and he was correct! When he describes the tests to me, I can see why he felt he could use even more time to study! The tests cover such a broad range of topics. Jonathan has one more test tomorrow! We appreciate your prayers for Jonathan to be able to articulate well on paper what he knows in his head, for good time management, and a continued peace regarding the whole process. I cannot adequately tell you how grateful to God I am for the level of peace we have felt this week. I was anticipating feelings of anxiousness, panic, and helplessness (on my part!), and I was not sure what to expect of Jonathan! However, God has been so very sweet to us to allow us to actually enjoy our week here. (Even though MANY things have not gone as planned!)

My "Chicago Mama," Penny Weidman, is still in Michigan with her father who will surely be with Jesus very soon. She hopes to come home before we leave, but she is certainly where she needs to be! On a similar note, Carol Panozzo's 93-year-old mother broke her hip and had surgery earlier in the week, so she will be flying to Minneapolis tomorrow to be with her(missing our good-bye dinner with Larry and Larry!). They are taking us to Ruth's Chris Steak House to celebrate Jonathan's completion of comprehensive exams! (And to send us off to the South.) I'm sure both of these precious women would be thankful for prayers for them and for their families!

Today I met two new friends! Two-month-old Victoria Alice Whiteside welcomed me to her home in Addison this morning! (Her proud parents are Shannon and Mark Whiteside. I taught with Shannon at Oak Mountain Classical School in Birmingham, and I was also in their Christmas wedding a few years ago....) Shannon and I had a great visit and a great lunch (made by her mom!). It was fun to catch up with my sweet friend! Then this evening, Pat and Nancy (friends from Calvary Church) and I went to meet two-day-old Jackson Thomas Greer at the hospital in Elmhurst. (His proud parents are Patti and Steve Greer....sweet friends from Calvary.) So, I have been in Baby Heaven today!!

Well, just wanted to catch you up on everything here. Thank you so much for your prayers for us! We love y'all!

Love,
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogger universe baby!!! Great to hear things are going well for you guys. All is well in Orlando. We miss you a ton. Holler back when you can.