Saturday, July 29, 2006

Finished!

Yes! Today was the first day in three years that Jonathan has woken up and not had to start studying for comps! Yipeee!! (However, he did get up and go to the library at Trinity first thing this morning to do some research work for Dr. Carson.)

Jonathan's test yesterday was, again, difficult....but it is FINISHED!! Now it is just a waiting game because they have up to a month to grade the exams and notify us of the results.

While Jonny was busy taking his exam, I was busy having a wonderful lunch with my dear friends, Connie Zinkula and Karen Caraher (I taught their sons at St. Norbert)! Connie took a few of us on a tour of her beautiful new home in Northbrook, and I decided I would love for her to come and work on decorating my home when we build! After lunch, I met Lindsay White (my sweet fellow-Southern teacher friend) and little Larry Panozzo for ice cream at Baskin Robbins. Larry and I then went to Trinity to pick up Jonny!

That evening, Larry and Larry (Carol was out of town taking care of her mother) took us out for an AMAZING dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! What a TREAT!! With appetizers, salads, steaks, mashed potatoes, and crazy-delicious desserts--Jonathan and I indulged! It was probably one of the best meals of my life! Then, to top it off, they gave me a fabulous TELESCOPE as a going away gift!! After dinner we went out into their yard and saw Jupiter and four of its moons! You could even barely make out the stripes on Jupiter!!! Needless to say, I cried like a child! It was such a very, very fun night!! I will miss them so much!

Today Penny and I went shopping and went out to lunch (while Jonathan worked hard at the library!). Tonight we are having a big dinner with Penny's family. (We are having an apple "salad" with Snickers Bars as a key ingredient! Is there any question as to why God picked Penny to be my "Chicago Mama!?")

We will be heading back for Mississippi in the morning. We will be making a stop at the Kentucky farm on the way down, of course!

Love to you all! It is almost time to eat that salad!! MMMMMM!

Love,
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jupiter! I have a telescope but it can barely see Mars! I am so jealous!! I almost called you but will leave you alone tonight! But you HAVE to bring your telescope Labor Day! Glad to hear Jonathan isfinished, I know it is a relief! Love you! See you soon!