Monday, July 24, 2006

One Down.....Two to Go!

Just a quick note to let you know that we are in the Chicagoland area this week! We arrived late on Saturday night and are staying with my "Chicago Mama," Penny Weidman and her sweet husband, Darold. Unfortunately, Penny and Darold are not here with us right now because they had to rush to Michigan to say goodbye to Penny's dying father (who is a believer). Do keep them in your prayers.

Today was Jonny's first comp (Comprehensive Exam for his Ph. D). When he got home after the test, he said he didn't know how it went. He felt really good about the first question (from 1 John), but he felt his answer on the second question (from John chapter 5) was not as strong as he would have liked for it to have been. He could've used more time! :) BUT--you are only allowed a strict 3 hours. (He typed 7+ pages today!)

His next two tests will be on Thursday 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and Friday 1 p.m.-4 p.m.

Do continue to pray for Jonathan during this week. God has been so good to us! He has truly calmed us and helped us to understand that He is in control. Jonathan told me about a week ago that he had decided not to let himself panic! (A wonderful idea--but hard to live out!) However, Jonathan truly knows that God brought him to Trinity and that he has benefited greatly from his studies here. It is completely in God's hands now. We are sure that if Jonny passes, it will certainly be by the Grace of God---There are SO MANY things that could be asked on that test!! We are praying that God guided Jonathan's studying.....

Either way.......................come Friday afternoon at 4:05 p.m. I am going to talk as much as I want to....as loud as I want to....as often as I want to....... I have been restrained for too long! (Of course, soon I will have to be quiet so he can prepare for his classes at Westminster!) :)

Love you all! Thanks for your prayers!

Love,
Julie (Jonathan went to bed mighty early tonight.....but I'm still up!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stress of comps. I know Jonathan will make it through. I am so excited to see that you guys have a blog and I can keep up with what is happening in your lives. I have tried the whole blog thing before but I just don't keep up with it maybe I will try again in the future. Glad to hear things are going well for the both of you.

Anonymous said...

So good to see you guys on Sunday. Though it WAS a little hard to sit at the far end of the table! :-) I think this is a great idea Julie-girl.

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

Yea! Thanks for leaving comments! I love to see who visits us! Love you both, Nancy and Jennine!

Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

I love you Mrs. Davis!!!I know Jonathan will pass.:)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Jonathan made it through the first comp. I will pray that he remains calm for the next two sets of tests. It will feel good when he is done and the pressure is finally over. I enjoyed seeing you both on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty cool!
Sara :)

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what YOU are going through, Julie, as I had to wait for Tom to take lots of tests, etc. We'll be praying for both of you.
Love, Aunt Lois (& Uncle Tom)

Al and Jen said...

Let's hurry up and get those tests out of the way so that we can do some more "lumber-jacking," Jonny!

We love you!! Praying for you guys!! Hope you get to stop by on your way down south. :)

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your entries --they sound so lively -- just like talking with you! Hope all goes well for Jon and that you don't burst from holding in your thoughts while Jon is studying, Julie! Blessings to you both! Love, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I know I'm not kin, so will you let me be your favorate 'brownie'...??? It was great seeing you Sunday; I have missed your sweet faces. I'm praying for you both and look forward to following your adventure.

Scott & Joann said...

Hey JuJu and Jonny! We are praying! In fact, I THOUGHT Jonny was taking his comps LAST week- so i was really praying hard and alittle confused why i hadn't received an email telling me the times and dates. So you are getting a double heaping of heavy duty prayer!

Austin is walking now! He's only walking short distances, but he is really building his confidence. He took his 1st step last Wednesday and then started taking a step or two on Saturday. By Monday he was taking several and now it's definitely "walking"- although he kind of does alittle dance while he walks trying to maintain balance. it's really cute. :)

love you,
Joann

Anonymous said...

Hey! I finally read all of your adventures! Sounds like you have been just as busy as I have lately! Enjoy the rest of your time in Chicago! I already miss you!
Love,
Sara :)