Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Keri!---April 16, 2009

We celebrated Keri's birthday at her home with her family...and Lizzie and Anna declared that we were having a hula-hoop contest in the front yard after dinner!! Jonny and Andrew (and Jack were only spectators of our little competition!!)
I decided to hula-hoop on my arms...it seemed much easier! I never knew all of those little exercises in elementary gym class with Ms. Hawkins would pay off!! I made those big circles, and I made little circles! (And I paid for them dearly for the next three days!! I could hardly move my arms!!!!)
Needless to say, I did not win!! Anna and Lizzie certainly outlived all of us! I guess that is why they wanted to have a competition!!

Here is Sam (Keri's brother) with Sara Kate!

Keri and Andrew's beautiful home!
Here is Sara Kate with Charlie (another of Keri's brothers!). We sure did miss her other brother, Kevin and his family who couldn't make it way out to Slayden on this night.
I hate to say it, but Sam was a sore loser! TeeHee!
Mmmmmmm! Finally!! Cake!
There is always plenty of help to blow out the candles whenever the girls are around!!
Just for Keri---Homemade chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting...with sugar crystals on top!! Right out of the Southern Living Cookbook!! Delicious!

No comments: