Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our Day with Jessica! May 10, 2008


Well, we had a very lovely day today!! We picked Jessica up at her house around 9:30 this morning. She is very pretty. She definitely has Filipino features—her skin is darker in complexion, her hair was long, straight, and very dark, and her eyes were dark and shaped very beautifully. She was “showing”…but was still wearing her regular clothes—her jeans and a cotton t-shirt. While walking with us to the car, she handed us the ultrasound pictures. That was quite the treat!

We decided to go to breakfast at the Magnolia Pancake Haus….I had seen it had been rated #1 in breakfast spots in San Antonio. We expected to wait, but it wasn’t too long. We talked a lot about her family. She genuinely loves her little brother, Jake, and said lots of thoughtful things about him. She was extremely outgoing and laughed a lot with us.

After breakfast we headed to the Alamo….the shrine that is everything Texas! It was beginning to get hot at this point, so we viewed the artifacts inside and then watched a mini-film about the battle, etc. We took a few pictures at the Alamo, and then I dropped my camera and it didn’t work the rest of the day. Needless to say, I was devastated, but didn’t really let this ruin our day….although I wanted to cry!! I’m not sure it can be fixed—but I am glad that we got at least 2 photos of Jessica before I dropped it. At this point, it was getting very warm, and we decided to walk down to the shady Riverwalk area. We grabbed a few cold drinks and then took a river cruise around the Riverwalk. This wilted us completely!! The boat ride was way hotter than I had anticipated! It was very pretty (but I got no pictures!!), but after we got off the boat, we were ready to head to the car. Jonny ran to get it and picked us up. (Our hero!)

At this point, I had no plan. So, we decided to look for a Mexican Restaurant out toward her house. We found one fairly close to her house. Then we did opt to get manicures since we had been told pedicures weren’t a good idea for pregnant girls. She had never had a manicure…and was very excited about getting one. When we left, she was giddy with delight over her French manicure, with a green shadow, and with a flower painted on each thumb! It was darling! And she was quite pleased.

As we walked out the door, I had the biggest lump in my throat because I knew that our day was nearing its end. I told her that this day with her had meant the world to me…and that I just loved her to pieces and had enjoyed this anticipated day so much. Of course, by this time I am crying, so she and I hugged and she said she felt the same way. We drove the short 3 miles to her house and I pulled myself together. In her driveway I said, “Well, I guess the next time we see you, it will be the big day!!” She grinned and nodded. I asked her what she would like for us to do on that day, and she said that she had envisioned her mom and I in the delivery room with her…..and that she really wanted us to be there so she could personally be the one to give us our son. She also mentioned that she had been thinking about names…and she gave us an idea that we told her we would consider. We hugged goodbye and told her we loved her. Jonny told her he felt God had really blessed us with her, and she said she felt the same way…and thanks for being there for her and her baby.

It was a very good day—full of emotions—and I can’t wait until August!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that you had such a good visit with Jessica(except for the camera). What a precious young lady she is, and what a courageous decision she has made. She is truly a blessing to our whole family.
Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thank you for sharing these special moments with us. To Jessica: You are a very special young woman, with beauty on the "outside" only exceeded by the beauty within -- a heart so full of love for our precious great nephew and our precious Julie & Jonathan. We love you, too!!
Love,
Aunt Lois & Uncle Tom

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for you both!! Julie, What a WONDERFUL way to spend Mother's Day weekend!! Happy Mother's Day for a new Mommy to be!! :) I love you, Julie, and know that you are going to be an awesome Mother and Jonathan will be a wonderful Father as well. This little boy has no idea how blessed he is!! Jessica is beautiful, and I know that God will bless her life while she is blessing yours!
Love,
Robbin

Nicole said...

We are so excited for you!
Happy Mother's Day!
Love,
Nicole

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend! Thanks for sharing it with us! Jessica is adorable! Happy Mother's Day!

Love you,
Lindsay

Chris said...

This is so special that you have this connection with her. I am crying tears of joy for you that you are able to bond with your son before his birth!!! Many blessings on you and Jon.
Love,
chris

Aaron, Johnna, Catherine, Claire, Amy Kate and Emily said...

We're so glad your weekend was so wonderful. (Sorry to hear about your camera - I can't imagine how devastating that must be!) What a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day! We love you both so very much and are so excited about meeting your little baby boy in August! :)

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

Great to hear things went well this weekend! I too am sorry about your camera! Looking forward to meeting your little baby boy soon!

Love,

Christy

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Davis,

I'm glad you got to meet
Jessica! I am very happy for you and Mr. Davis! Do you know what you are going to name him?

Love,

Megan Cascarella

P.S. Can I babysit or help with the baby sometime? I love babies!

Al and Jen said...

I am so glad you all had a wonderful day together! I am shedding tears with you over your camera.....but I am glad that you got 3 great photos!! We love you and can't wait until August!!!!!!!!!! Love, Jen & AL

The Howell Blessings said...

Julie and Jonathan, what a blessing to be able to spend time with your baby's birth mother. You will have stories to tell him later on about how she loved him so much that she chose the best parents she could find to raise him! Sounds like a great opportunity to plant a seed in Jesica's heart about the love that God has for her too! My heart is bursting for love and excitement for you both!! Love, Mindy

Anonymous said...

ok, just read this for the first time. i am so excited and i love her too because she sees what i see when i look at you!! you have been such a blessing to us this year. i can't imagine our lives without our julie davis in it. so that means we are going to keep in touch with you FOREVER!! we truly love you beyond what we could ever express. love and kisses, tina hale

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just finished making a blog, but i cant figure out how to like add you as a "friend" or however it works...my blog is www.jessikadizzle.blogspot.com lol Jessikadizzle is a nickname :)

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

Jessica--I just linked your blog to mine!! I love the colors on yours!! Congratulations on your BLOG!!!

Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessika, :)
You have NO idea who i am but i kind of know you because i was a student of Julie Davis' third grade class in IL and gosh did i love her! I am now in fifth and the year is ending but when i start again i know Julie will be a MOM which was one job she terribly wanted! Julie would always be telling us how much she wanted a baby and she would always tear up when she would talk about wanting to be a mom, you have truely made her dream come true! I am so glad you kept the baby and found Julie and Jonathon. You have made the BEST decision EVER to choose them! She always called us her school babies which was true and she was our school mama! I rarely cry but when school ended i was crying my eyes out! I tried to keep in touch but then i got busy and stopped. But another friend of mine has kept in touch and told me she had found a birth mom! Then i e-mailed her and remebered her blogspot then i saw your blogspot and decided to write in your blog and i just wanted to say you are doing a great thing for yourself and the baby and a great favor to Julie and Jonathon!


Thank You,
Kathleen

P.S. i can not send this to Jessika so i would appreiciate it if you guys would Love Kathleen N.