Thursday, June 05, 2008

Camera Blues!! (June 5, 2008)

Summer has come........I have very few pictures with which I could update my blog because my camera is forever broken!! I am in a real dilema!!! I don't know what to do about this problem! We are trying to save money like crazy people for the adoption......But I KNOW I have to buy a camera soon!

Do I go ahead and buy a great one, or do I buy a little on that "will do" for now? AHHHHH! And, to top that off...I get very confused when I compare Digital SLRs online! Anyone on here have any opinions on the Nikon D60 or the Cannon Rebel XTi??

Sam's carries both...but I'm not sure they are the best option!!!

Feedback would be great on this one!

Love y'all!!
Julie

4 comments:

Jennine said...

I go the Canon Rebel XTI in February and love it. But I have always been a canon girl I did think about the nikon because of the cost really you could go with which ever is cheaper unless you are looking for a certain feature that one the cameras has compared to the other. That is just my info. You can see some of my pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/jengoodart/

Anonymous said...

I've heard lots of good things about the Canon Rebel....but know nothing about either....just thought I'd throw that in for what it's worth. : )
I have a canon and love it! I would get a camera ASAP so you are comfortable with it when your sweet baby arrives!!!!

Anonymous said...

My hubby has a Nikon D50, which he loves. I even use it, and I have limited camera knowledge, and I enjoy it as well. It is idiot proof for the most part. We've both taken some great pics with it. I asked him about the differences between the D60 and the XTi and he said that they are essentially the same camera. You have more options to customize with the D60 (do the fancy photography type stuff) that you just can't find with the Cannon, so that made him say the D60 was the better choice because you may one day get really into photography and then you have all the extra options already there. (the D50 is so good, he has even used it to shoot some weddings, engagement photos, and the birth of our son)

The Howell Blessings said...

Canon Rebel is one that Celia and my photography teacher recommended. I've read really good reviews too.