Friday, January 11, 2008

Breaking in the House!! Thanksgiving 2007!!

Two and a half weeks after we officially moved into our house, we hosted Thanksgiving for my entire family!! We had lots of folks in that house! It was a BLAST!! Here is the girl table......(L-R) My sister Joann, my sister Johnna, my sister Jennifer, my cousin Karen and her baby girl, Anna Grace, me, and Sam's new wife, Pan Ke!
The boy table.....Jonathan, Russ (Karen's husband), Austin, and Sam (not pictured are Al, Aaron and Luke!!)
We tried to line the cousins up on the steps, but this was seriously the best picture we got....Starting from the top is Luke, John David, Austin, Catherine, and Ariana.
Can you believe we actually fit 22 in my den!!??
Grandmother with John David and Austin....hanging out on the stairs!!
We had a roasted turkey and a smoked turkey----here are Aaron, Al, and Jonny carving them up! (Thanks to Andrew for the smoked turkey!! MMMMMMM!)
Our Thanksgiving feast.....2 turkeys, green beans, butter beans, corn, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and homemade rolls!! (Whew!!)
I'm hanging out at the dessert table.....Apple pies and pumpkin pies!
Here's the adult table.....My aunt Lois and Uncle Tom (in the small chair!) are front and center, next to Lois is my mom, Joyce, then my dad, John, next is Grandma, Grandpa, and then Grandmother!

Grandma and Granddaddy Green---with Catherine, John David, Luke, Austin, and Ariana!



This is what my dining room looked like before everyone arrived.
The turkey is done......but Aunt Ju Ju needs her makeup!! :)



I got the boys to clean the windows for me! (Al and Aaron will probably never want to arrive the day before if we ever do this again!! Tee Hee!)













7 comments:

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

Julie, Your house is beautiful! I love your kitchen and dining room! More pics of the rest of the house when you get a chance, please!!! Love and miss y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, the house is beautiful!! Happy Birthday, Julie!! Your card will be late, I promise I didn't forget. I was waiting to pick up my pictures @ Sears so that I could send you some. I remember one year in particular that you and I waited until June to celebrate your birthday!!
Love you bunches!!
Robbin

Anonymous said...

Wow....I didn't expect and update yet, I just check everyone's blogs once a day. What a nice Surprise. Hope you had a nice birthday! We can't wait to come see you again next week!!!
Love, Karen

Al and Jen said...

Hey Julie!
I am glad you blogged Thanksgiving. I don't think I will I am just going to start off again with Christmas. We had sooooo much fun at your house and can't wait to see you next week. We love you....hope your birthday was great!!!!!!
Love,
jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your gracious hospitality in your new home, Julie and Jonathan. The picture of the little ones on the steps is so cute -- but you got Austin and John David mixed up! You sure did have a lot of courage to let that many of us in your NEW home. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to visit again.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

You are finally in your house!!! How exciting. Now, let's see, when can this old lady empty nester come and visit??? Love you and miss you bunches,
chris

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

Thanks for all the comments! Chris--you are welcome to come and visit anytime!! :) More to come soon, I hope!

Julie