Sunday, October 21, 2007

Our Trip to the Richmont

Last year for my birthday, my 6th graders gave me a gift certificate to the Richmont Bed and Breakfast in Townsend, Tennessee. We decided to save it and use it in the fall....That way our house would be finished AND the leaves and weather would be beautiful. We had been told that this autumn would not be as pretty because of the significant drought affecting the entire South, but it was still very beautiful to us!!

Keri and Andrew first told us about the Richmont. They came here on their honeymoon and had raved about how peaceful and cozy it was. I had seen it in Southern Living....and for our 2nd anniversary in 1998 we visited the Richmont ourselves. We loved it...just like they said we would. They have been back two other times, but this is our first time back since that 1998 trip. You can see all about it on www.RichmontInn.com!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie Davis said...

What a wonderful little trip! I am pleased you all had some quiet couple time together. I know what a precious commodity that is right now.
Mel

Anonymous said...

How nice! We love the smokies - - I didn't know you guys were staying in Townsend...that's where we decided we would like to stay the next time we went....it's still close to everything but very peaceful!!! Cades Cove is another favorite! What a relaxing trip! I'm glad you guys got to get away. Love, Karen (and Russ and Anna)
p.s. I have always wanted to see a bear too (from a distance, of course!) but never have - - how exciting!