Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Cades Cove

More of Cades Cove.....These trips always remind me of Dad and of our family vacations! Jonathan and I have been laughing at how we find ourselves enjoying all the things we hated about these trips as children. He also said (as we drove through very crowded Gatilinburg) that he now knows why his dad had been so resistant about letting them go tour the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum!




This type of barn style actually comes from Germany....and is found only in Eastern Tennessee and parts of North Carolina. It is this type of barn that the Richmont in designed after.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fond memories of vacations past!! Glad you went back so you could enjoy it more. :>)
Love, Mom

Scott and Joann said...

You are becoming your parents. It's inevitable. Just relax, breathe easy, just let it happen. There's no way to avoid it.

Love you,
Joann

Anonymous said...

These are lovely. I wish we were there!! Love, Mindy

Anonymous said...

It has been a long while since I last checked out your blog. Every time I do it's like I am sitting right there with you. Still miss you sweetness, you and office boy!
Margaret