Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Our Trip Back To Chicago

Jonathan and I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Chicago. We saw lots of friends while we were there, celebrated our 11th anniversary, and took a comprehensive exam.......all in 4 days! Here I am with some of the sweetest people in the world!! This was a wonderful little party thrown for me by Megan! She was one of my students at St. Norbert--my last third grade class. She invited several of my former students to come and see me while I was in town. This was a picture of the first ones there----more came later----but we had to get a picture of us with the cookie cakes before we ate them!! (Kathleen, we really missed you!) It was one of the highlights of the trip, to be sure!! How thoughtful it was of Megan and her family to do this for me!

Here Jonny stands with two very precious people---Pat and Nancy---in their newly remodled kitchen! They were dear friends at our precious Calvary Church. While we were in town we got to see so many church friends----including our friend Ernie who went to be with the Lord 36 hours later.... :) We also got to say goodbye to our pastor Rick and his wife Lynne, who will be moving to the Minneapolis area soon!! It was so good to see them before they left!

I also got to meet Baby Shane White----but because I hogged him all morning, I forgot to take a picture of him!! :(

Hopefully his mommy will put the picture she took of us on her blog-----That will prove that I really did see him! Lindsay, Shane, and I had a great breakfast together. It was so fun to be with her.....we missed you, Kolby!! (Check her blog---it is linked to ours to see if there is a picture!!)

Here is a picture of my little Larry---who is not so little anymore!!!! We stayed with Larry's sweet family while we were in Chicago. They treated us royally as always---wonderful dinners, great movies, and fabulous hospitality!! It was very hard to leave...... We love them so much! (You should have seen our van when we left their house----they gave us some of their furniture and a television!!! We looked like we were moving all over again!!) Thanks, Larry and Carol!!

This last picture is for our dear friend, Larissa-----------We saw this at Macy's and had to get a picture of it for you. This should be on your Christmas list, my cold little friend!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you on your trip to Chicago! When do you move into your house?
Sara :)

Melanie Davis said...

Glad you had a good trip!

Mel