Sunday, November 12, 2006

Our Land in Mississippi


Here is our land that we own in Mississippi. It is a 2-acre lot with plenty of trees lining the back! We have not begun building yet--but we are meeting with our builder this Wednesday. Maybe we will begin in the Spring. We are still trying to decide how much we need to save up in order to have a manageable mortgage. Jonathan has been "blazing a trail" through our wooded area so that we can reach our lot from Keri and Andrew's house. He has also been marking pretty trees (while they still have their leaves)and trees we might want to transplant from the back of our land to the front of our land.He is very excited about owning land!


This is the house in a subdivision we saw and fell in love with way back in March. When we first saw this house, it was just framed out. We realized then that we loved the floorplan, and when we came back in April, we saw the drywalled rooms and got a good feel for the size.

This picuture was taken back in May--which was when we contacted the builder and asked him if he would build this same house (with a few changes) on our land. He came to visit our land and said it was a great place to build this house.
This is just another view of that same house. It is a Donald Gardner house--We have seen many of his designs on the internet and loved many of them!!

This house is a 3-bedroom 1500 sq. foot house. (This particular house was built to only be a ranch with some attic space.) When we build it, we plan to make the upstairs expandable--We won't finish it now, but we want to make it accessible for future use.
 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! This house is BEAUTIFUL!! I am sooo excited for you both! I am sorry that I missed you guys AGAIN. Bryan and Rachel are better, but still too sick to get out. I love reading about what is going on in your lives and the pictures are just icing on the cake.
Love you both,
Robbin

Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

Hey! I just wanted to be sure that you realized that this is not our house......it is only a picture of the one we want to build next year. I was afraid that might be confusing!! :)

Glad to hear from you!

Julie

Anonymous said...

No you weren't confusing. I know that you haven't started building your house yet, but this is a beautiful one to build.

Talk to you later!

Robbin

Anonymous said...

The house looks awsome. Once you get it built I will have to come for a visit. Love, Jennine

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Davis this is Mary from third grade i just heared that you had one of these and i wanted to take advantage of it by saying hello. I love the house! Bye!

From,
Mary

Anonymous said...

this is maggie r. from your 3rd grade class. I just wanterd to make sure youyr doing well. I wnated to say "hi". Mary H. showed me this website and I really wanted to wirte to you. My email is Cheerbear3040@aim.com, you can email me anytime. I hope all is well.
Maggie and Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. D!!! its sarah g. from 3rd grade but i was from the other class!!! Hey my friend in 3rd grade is bummed because you left!!!! Go CRUSADERS!!! by the way Bears went to the bowl and lost!!!!! boo hooo hooo....
Sarah