Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hi-dee-doo!

Just wanted to check in with everyone! We new teachers have been down and out with colds! I guess we are building up our immune systems!! :)

We had a great weekend in Nashville over Labor Day! Jonny got to hang out with his brothers, and I got to do a lot of scrapbooking with my sisters-in-law! I have not scrapbooked my own stuff since Christmas!!

We got to play with our neices and nephews---Will, Alex, and Sophie are getting so big! Hannah is cute as a button! And Catherine is just so TINY and sweet!

The only thing we accomplished this weekend was performing our fantasy football drafts! Jonny and his brothers are in a league....and the girls have a league too! (The 6 of the 8 girls in the league are all of my sisters-in-law AND my sisters!) My team is the Misisipi Mudslingers---and yes, it is spelled wrong! (Not because I'm from Mississippi, but because my name had too many characters!!)

School is great! I have to admit, Jonny and I decided to stay after school every day this week because we feel we are so far behind!! (I'm actually supposed to be working on school stuff right now! Don't tell Jonny!!) I love my students--we have finished our first literature book and tomorrow we begin Call of the Wild. It is NOT an easy book--even thought it is short. I am daily fighting feelings of inadequacy when it comes to teaching these kids! Unfortunately, I do not yet have a "DIANE DOLAN-like encourager at Westminster like I did at St. Norbert....nor do I have a "Pat, Nancy, Penny, Chris, Celia, or Margaret" at church yet either!! But I sure do enjoy your emails and comment on the blog! Sometimes they are the brightest spots in my day!

God has been so sweet to us here! He has provided all we need----He continues to teach me everyday that HE is all I really need.

Love you all!

Julie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was inspired over Labor Day weekend and I'm still scrapbooking - I'm determined to finish 2005 by the end of this week! Of course I cannot neglect my other responsibilities! I had a lot of fun scrapbooking with you - please come scrap again soon! I'll have all my stuff out - until I find a home! THen I'll be busy unpacking!

Have a GREAT week!

Love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Yoo Hoo! I love you and I miss you and I wish I were there to see the faces of those 6th graders of yours! I walk down the hall to deliver a forgotten lunch to room 321 and my shoulders slump as I am faced with the reality of Mrs. Davis not being there anymore - at least physically, but those of us in the know secretly smile as we pass the room and the Spirit of the Lord our God reminds us of what we were blessed to have in the form of Mrs. Davis for 4 wonderful years. We miss you.

Matt, Melanie, Will, Alex, Sophie, and Abby said...

I just sat down and read your entire blog. What a blessing! You do such a great job sharing your life with us. It's so fun to stay in touch this way. Perhaps I should try this for my little family.
Like Christy, I'm still scrapbooking, too. I'm still quite far behind, but slowly making some progress. I'll probably never catch up, but I'm so enjoying myself!
Stay well! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

I get all clumped up reading your blog, sweetness. It's just like having you right across from me! Miss you tons! Squeeze little office boy for me.

Margaret