Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Davis!!

My sweet 6th graders gave me a PERFECT surprise birthday party!! On January 9th after carpool, I went back upstairs to find my room destroyed and my students "kidnapped!" The desks were in the shape of an arrow pointing to my first clue. They had left a tape recording of my students screaming for my help....and some ominous laughter in the background. Our first (very well written) clue led us down the interstate to the Sonic on Winchester. Here we were suppposed to order two "fortuntelling" drinks. (MEDIUM drinks.) The waitress brought out our drinks and another clue.






The next clue (a beautifully-drawn map) led us to a vacant parking lot where we found a clue that sent us to the Hobby Lobby in Germantown. Here we were supposed to find "our scrapbook." This took us a while because I am obviously blind as a bat! When we finally found it, we found the next clue inside that directed us to a Germantown subdivision clubhouse. When we arrived we found all 12 of my sixth grade students, lots of parents, and the whole Smith family!! The students had made lots of food, decorated the room, and had been busy making scrapbook pages for my new Hobby Lobby Scrapbook that I had just received.



And as if the scavenger hunt, party, and the scrapbook were not enough, I was then presented with a $200 gift certificate to the Richmont--our favorite Bed and Breakfast in the in East Tennessee.





Every one had such a great time---It was certainly one of the most memorable and most exciting birthdays of my life!!



Even Jonathan and Andrew got a special treat that night.......They were offered Grizzlies/Lakers tickets for that night's game. They went and had a great time!! Special thanks to all my students for writing such great clues, making such great food, and designing those precious scrapbook pages!! Thanks to Meg for the GORGEOUS cake that she made......to Tammy for the scavenger hunt....... to Paula and Tammy for all the scrapbooking supplies.....and to Brian and Sherri for securing the clubhouse!!



I love you all so much!!
Thanks for a great 33rd Birthday!! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool way to celebrate your birthday! Your students seem to be as special as their teacher! So glad that you had a great birthday. I miss you!!

Melanie Davis said...

I wish I could have been there to see your face! Did you pee your pants too?

Anonymous said...

I see you had a great birthday. I wanted to say hi and to say I miss you. You moved to the 3rd grade tio 6th grdae...WOW. By the way I am in 5th grade now. I see you are 33 now, and you still dont have a kid. But, the problemI dont understand is God wont give you a kid but you would be a GREAT mom. I wish to see you soo.

Maggie

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a great birthday.
Your class looks really nice. I miss you!
Megan

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am so happy that you have a great class and had a great B-Day! I really miss you and cry when I read our class book. Miss you!